Soundtrack Of Your Life...real or dillusional

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aruna
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby aruna » 16 May 2008 18:14

Is there an assortment of songs that you feel tells the story of your life? Your fantasy? Your Fan Fiction? (I stole the latter term from the AAR Boards.) ;D

Feel free to list as many songs as you want...and elaborate.

Release the inner novelist in you. 8-)
Last edited by aruna on 16 May 2008 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 16 May 2008 20:16

A song that describes me so well that it's scary is Hey Ya by Outcast. Whenever I hear the alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright I can't help but think of my life.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 May 2008 20:33

"What Are You Looking For?"

And the new version at that, maybe that's why it's been growing a lot on me, because even though the new additions are kinda simple I totally empathize.

-"Getting high on the vibe going nowhere": I've been losing a lot of friends because of the current dumb trend of being a pothead. It's been harder for me to find someone who ISN'T one. The sad part is that I'm seeing the effects I was always told about right in front of me. Friends who do it are becoming so boring, slow, become dumber instead of smarter, and are too fricking realistic and leave no room for dreams. In my view, if you have no dreams you are pretty much dead already.

-"You won't get nothing from nothing, only something from something": I've been getting into a lot of small arguments (nothing too serious.....yet) with certain friends about the way life works, about dreams, etc. I sometimes get somewhat subtly criticized about being too obsessed with music (having a massive collection, going to a lot of shows, street teaming, basically providing all my free time to music) and not giving up on my dreams. There's also been conflict on other subjects such as romance (I'm a natural romantic, and it doesn't help that most males I've been friends with are typical douchebags). But yeah, most of the time they have no idea what they're saying and all I have to say to them is the aforementioned lyric line. It's simple and maybe a tad bit cliche, but it's cliche because it's true. ^_^

.....and well, I pretty much empathize with the whole song really, but just wanted to share my thoughts on those parts lol. Sorry that was too long, I guess I had a lot on my mind, haha!
Last edited by Serge on 16 May 2008 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

DNRpuppy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DNRpuppy » 16 May 2008 20:42

That was really nice to read Serge, it's amazing how music can have such an impact on someone, huh? Sorry about your buddies turning to pot. It's a shame that the majority don't see how they're changing and becoming different people.

Aruna, what's yours?

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 May 2008 21:36

Thanks Meredith :)

::free hug!::

Music is indeed life and beyond amazing. I can honestly say I wouldn't have endured half of what I have if it wasn't for music o.O

It's the only thing that makes sense to me in this insane world ^_^

.....and I agree, it's a darn shame. =\
Last edited by Serge on 16 May 2008 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

aruna

Unread postby aruna » 17 May 2008 16:28

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 17 May 2008 17:11

To me there are two different ways of perceiving music. Firstly, one can just listen to the music, enjoy it for what it is, and even appreciate it concretely for structure. Secondly, one can take a more artistic approach, allowing the music to influence one's mood, seeing microcosmic and macrocosmic connections between the music/lyrics and one's self, the community, and the world. Taking the latter approach can really make music meaningful. For that reason, I do agree with the idea of a Soundtrack to one's life. The only reservation that I have is that life is dynamic, so that soundtrack is constantly changing.

aruna

Unread postby aruna » 19 May 2008 11:56

Here's my "Fan Fiction", the story of my emotional journey, based on the movie Almost Famous. 8-)

Dirty Little Secret, by All American Rejects.

The Man Of My Dreams says "I'll keep you my dirty little secret." Ouch! His cold, callous expression reduces me to tears. :'(

Anywhere But Here, by Sick Puppies.

Heartbroken and disillusioned, I decide that "Anywhere's better than here."

All The Same, by Sick Puppies

I meet a new friend. He says, "I don't care to fix the twist in you. I'll take you for who you are." The more I listen to him, the more I feel understood

Santa Monica, by Everclear!

"Anywhere" ends up being Santa Monica! ;D "I don't wanna be your...good time. >:( I don't wanna do your sleepwalk dance anymore! 8-)" Of all the get-over-it songs, this is the most bad-ass!

White Flag, by Dido.

"There will be no white flag upon my door. I'm in love. I always will be." Despite feeling rejected - my problem, not theirs - I will always be a fan...but I won't stalk them. ::)

My World, by Sick Puppies.

I suspect what other fans think of me, ::) and: "I don't care what you think, I'm not seeing a shrink. ;)" Peace.

The End.

Thanks for reading - or glancing - at my story. ;D

I hope the pics aren't too much in the way. If they are, I will modify. Thanks. :)

I did ALL OF THIS at the Comcast kiosk! ;D It's become my...second home, now!
Last edited by aruna on 19 May 2008 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Music You Love”